Come to Mallorca to find 5 of the best European Cycle Routes
In the cycle travel paradise that is Mallorca there is a selection of roads that really stand out above the rest. We call them the Parietti Big 5, designed and engineered by our hero and inspiration Snr. Antonio Parietti.
These are spectacular, sweeping cycle routes with stunning views and breathtaking hairpins, that don’t just get you from A to B, rather they are an experience in themselves. It’s this, his innovation and vision which makes Mallorca cycling routes the best in the world.
The Parietti Big 5 Mallorca road bike routes: Puig Major // Sa Calobra // Cap Formentor // Sant Salvador // Randa
1. Puig Major: "Get High at Mallorca's tallest Peak"
Discover the thrill of cycling to the highest mountain peak in Mallorca
1. Highest mountain peak in Mallorca at 1,445 meters.
2. Quieter and more peaceful riding experience.
3. Long and steady climb with an average gradient of 6%.
4. Includes a military restricted zone, limiting access to the summit.
5. The only Hors Category climb in Mallorca.
Puig Major cycling routes map >
2. Sa Calobra: "Challenge the Serpent of Sa Calobra"
Embark on an incredible cycling journey along Mallorca's most iconic cycle route.
1. Serpentine road design with 26 hairpin bends and switchbacks.
2. Significant climbing challenge with an average gradient of 7%.
3. Legendary descent through thrilling switchbacks (Just remember, what goes down...).
4. Adequate infrastructure and facilities for cyclists.
5. Emblematic tie knot in the shape of a P (P for Parietti surely) .
3. Cap Formentor: "Free Riding on the Edge of the world"
Set yourself free on the most beautiful 35km of tarmac in Europe.
1. Spectacular coastal scenery along the Formentor Peninsula.
2. Challenging climbs with undulating sections and steep ramps.
3. Iconic Cap Formentor lighthouse at the end of the route.
4. Technical descents with tight bends and switchbacks.
5. Monument to Antonio Parietti - Stop and pay your respects!
Cap Formentor cycling routes map >
4. Sant Salvador: "See The Sky: Tranquility and History"
Uncover the majesty of a mountain summit offering panoramic views of the island.
1. Majestic mountain summit with panoramic views.
2. Cycle through serene countryside, with vineyards and traditional villages.
3. Cultural and historical significance with the Santuari de Sant Salvador.
4. Varied cycle route options for different climbing preferences.
5. Popular Strava segment for personal achievement, friendly competition or just for the love of the ride.
Sant Salvador cycling routes map >
Randa: "Set Yourself Free in peaceful vineyards and Panorama"
Immerse in the peace and power of Mallorca's vineyards and beyond.
1. Breathtaking panoramic views of vineyards and the Mallorcan landscape.
2. Tranquil and serene routes with less traffic.
3. Multiple ascent options from different starting points.
4. Varied terrain with gentle slopes and steeper inclines.
5. Historical and cultural significance with the Santuario de Cura.
Randa Mallorca cycling routes map >
The Parietti Big 5
There you have it. The Big 5 at a glance. In coming posts we’ll take an indepth look at each of these iconic European Cycling routes in turn. In the meantime join our ride to find out more about Parietti and the island we call home.